One of my favourite types of blog posts to read is a round-up of links and stories from around the web. Not only is it a great way to share/find new and useful things to read, but it also means I’ll be able to find the links to those articles later on! With that in mind, here are some items I found interesting this month:
• There’s a proposal in Bath to build an observation attraction called the AquEye or AQ-Y, which is causing plenty of debate. The local paper last week had a debate with Bath Tourism Plus in favour and a local businessman and former Councillor against (also on video here).
• Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol has the “biggest screen in the country“, a new sports bar & grill and “English tapas” by the Eat Drink Bristol Fashion team. This could be the best place in town to watch the Rugby World Cup Final!
• Did you hear about the string quartet stuck in a jam who gave a spontaneous recital on the M5?
• The Humans of New York photographer is sharing stories from refugees in Greece on Instagram.
• Finally, this mash up of movie dance scenes and Uptown Funk has many of my favourite movies in it: